Please note the following. No exceptions will be made. The Warren Alpert Medical School visiting student application deadline is 30 days prior to elective start date. Applications are processed on a rolling basis and are reviewed approximately 2-3 months prior to the elective start date. Students will be notified via VSAS of either acceptance or denial no later than 30 days before the elective start date. Contacting clinical faculty or the department directly is strictly prohibited. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Students must upload the following documents in PDF format:
- Photo (PDF or jpeg is ok)
- Transcript (to be uploaded by the home school)
- Proof of Personal Health Insurance coverage (copy of insurance card)
- Certification of N95 Respirator Fit Testing & Training completed within 1 year of the elective end date. Applicants must use this form: http://brown.edu/go/n95
- USMLE Step 1 or COMLEX Level 1 score report
- Brown University immunization form. Note: Immunization forms of any other kind will not be accepted. Please review Brown's two step PPD and titer requirements as they may differ from your home school. Your application will not be reviewed without the completed PPD tests and titer results. If you are applying for a rotation more than 6 months away, please submit your immunization form with your current PPD results. If you are offered a slot, you will need to submit documentation of an updated PPD testing closer to your arrival date.
- Rotation start and end dates are fixed and cannot be changed
- We do not complete other schools' evaluation forms. Your evaluation will be available in Oasis
- The posted elective catalog is current. If you do not see a course listed, it is not available to visiting students
- Students must notify our office in writing if they decide to cancel a rotation. This notification must be received by email to; email@example.com no later than 4 weeks prior to the elective start date. If the visiting student fails to meet this requirement the home school will be notified and all additional applications will be denied.
Professional Responsibility: We expect students to withdraw applications from any electives that present a conflict with their schedule, or that they are no longer interested in taking. Pending applications indicate both a desire and availability to attend a specific elective on a specific date. Students who decline an offer may be considered ineligible for future elective offers.
Once the student accepts an offer, a non-refundable $150 processing fee for each elective is required. Payment must be made by credit card once you have accepted our offer. A link to the e-commerce site will be in the notification sent through VSAS. Visiting students who receive an offer from Alpert Medical School will be required to submit documentation of a background check completed within 1 year of the elective end date.