DO NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION UNTIL IT IS COMPLETE. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DENIED.
If the requirements below indicate that you must UPLOAD a document, you must do so, even if the item is verified by your registrar in VSAS.
1. You must be a fourth-year medical student in good standing at the time of your rotation.
2. You must be enrolled in a school that is accredited by the United States Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
3. All rotations are four weeks long. No exceptions.
4. All rotations take place during the scheduled rotation dates at the University of Kentucky. No exceptions.
5. You must be current on all of your immunizations. including measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, hepatitis, tuberculosis, and a seasonal flu vaccine. Since flu season is October to March, you must provide proof of a current flu vaccine if you are accepted for a rotation during those months. Please complete and UPLOAD the AAMC Standard Immunizations Form with your application.
6. You must UPLOAD criminal background check results obtained within the past year.
7. You must UPLOAD results of a 9-panel drug screen done within the past six months. If you are accepted for a rotation that takes place more than six months after you apply, you must provide documentation of a new drug screen at the time of the rotation.
8. You must include emergency contact information in your VSAS Profile.
9. You must UPLOAD a Certificate of Professional Liability Insurance or letter from your Risk Management office that includes the dates and amounts of your coverage (at least $1,000,000 per occurrence, $3,000,000 aggregate.)
10. You must UPLOAD a copy of your current health insurance card or policy. If that policy expires before you come to UK, you must bring proof of current health insurance coverage when you arrive for your rotation.
11. You must UPLOAD a copy of your CPR, BLS, or ACLS card.
12. You must have your registrar's office UPLOAD a current transcript,
13. Your or your school must UPLOAD your photo.
14. You must UPLOAD any information requested in the course description. Some courses require faculty permission for all students, and there will be required application information in the course description. This information should be UPLOADED to VSAS rather than emailed to faculty. Do not contact them directly.
15. You must not have been excluded from participating in a federal healthcare program. You would know if you have been. We will check two federal databases to confirm.
16. Do not contact any faculty or clinical department prior to your acceptance for a rotation. Doing so is considered a professionalism breach and may disqualify you from doing rotations at UK.
17. If accepted for a rotation, your days off will be limited to two days for outpatient rotations, four days for inpatient rotations.
18. Under no circumstances may you miss the orientation on the first day of your rotation. If you are instructed by the course director or department to report elsewhere on that morning, please contact Renee Seidel immediately. If you are not present for the visiting student orientation, your rotation will be cancelled.
In addition to the requirements listed above, the University of Kentucky College of Medicine must have an affiliation agreement with your school that allows students from your school to do clinical rotations at UK COM. Once you apply, we will begin the process of establishing an affiliation agreement with your school. If the agreement is not finalized by the time of your rotation, your rotation will be cancelled.