Allopathic (MD) & Osteopathic (DO) students use VSAS
Apply to multiple electives/multiple time frames. We will match your request with our availability and make the best possible offer. If none are available, you can be added to a wait list for 1 elective at 1 specific time offering. Email this request if your application is denied. Applications are handled in the order they are received. Acceptance as a visiting student does not guarantee a residency interview. A maximum of 2 rotations can be awarded per student.
This information needs to be provided with your application. Your school will verify your application and clear most of our requirements (*=normally cleared). Additional documents to clear non-compliant items must be received 30 days prior to the elective start date.
- USMLE Step 1/COMLEX Score
- HIPPA training *
- Personal health insurance *
- BLS or ACLS certified *
- Criminal Background Report *
- Malpractice Insurance $1,000,000/$3,000,000 *
- In Good academic standing *
- In final year of study *
- Completion of core course work *
- OSHA safety measures & infection control precautions *
- Workers Compensation Coverage
Some electives review your academic record, CV, and Step 1 score prior to making an offer; some have a minimum Step 1 score (OB/Gyn requires a score 225 or greater) and for Pediatrics please complete and upload the supplemental application form .
"After Acceptance" Requirements:
These need to be provided only after you are accepted.
- Respiratory Mask fit testing (Any type is fine-we use 3M N95)
- Immunization form, including 9 panel drug screening
Fees Due after Acceptance:
$150 application process fee, $65 background fee (if necessary), and for Osteopathic students the administrative fee (Osteopathic fees see web site).
Questions: Karina Garlington, o 303-724-6405 f 303-724-6409 Karina.Garlington@ucdenver.edu